Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Our day in pictures


Here my children are hard at work picking strawberries. Yes, I helped. I was busy taking pictures at the time:)



Here is my friend Mrs.Darling along with Peter and Tink picking strawberries next to us, with an unidentified man. I don't think he came with her..;)


The first thing the Princess did when we arrived back home was to plop down on the walkway and consume the berries in her little basket.


Here's our 26 lbs of berries...Yum!



And, after a long day, here's 12 quarts of whole berries, 16 pints of jam, and the leftover berries to snack on the rest of the week.

You could say we had a very fruitful day:)

6 comments:

Angela said...

That looks like so much fun! We used to pick strawberries on a farm by my grandparent's house, and I always loved going out there!

Mrs. Darling said...

Love the pic of Becca eating her strawberries. My kids didnt eat even one after they got home. Tink hates fruit and evidently Peter isnt much of a fresh strawberry lover either. He sure loves his jam though!

Anonymous said...

Wow you were busy. I can't wait to get picking but we have another few weeks to wait. Your little girl is SOOO cute, love her hair.

Little Natural Cottage said...

My, oh my- DELICIOUS! My mouth is watering just seeing those scrumptuous pictures! Great job! Wish we had a strawberry path to pick from around here... those little babies are expensive in the grocery store!

~Kristy @ Homemaker's Cottage

Nikki said...

There is a farmer's stand just down the road, and I have bought a bunch of strawberries to freeze. Of course, we eat a lot of them while they are fresh. Sarah Beth loves them! I think she gets that from me.

Nikki said...

I love strawberries but we waited too long to go get some. We'll have to wait until next year to do some jams and jellies with strawberries.