Thursday, July 03, 2008

Strawberries, Blueberries, and more

Yesterday I picked 15 more pounds of strawberries. Some I used to make more jam, and the rest is being saved for pies for our 4th of July celebration.

This morning the whole family (including my husband) will be heading over to Mrs.Darling's for Belgian Waffles with fresh blueberries-Yum! We'll be u-picking blueberries in a couple of weeks, and I'm really looking forward to it; It will be nice to pick something I don't have to crouch down to pick:)

Yesterday I also painted, planted, and cooked a giant Turkey my mother-in-law gave me.

It's so wonderful to have nice weather again. I actually have a hard time falling asleep at night because there are so many projects I want to accomplish, despite the fact that my whole body is aching from the picking and painting;).

I plan to post before and after pics of my outside redo (Nikki has requested them) next Monday, which means alot more work between now and then; quess I better get to it!

5 comments:

Nikki said...

I have a question: how do you paint and plant a giant turkey? lol!

Mrs. Darling said...

Lol I noticed that too; painted, planted and cooked a giant turkey. I think mykidsmom will need to give us all lessons on how to do a turkey. It seems a shame to cook it after it was planted and painted! :(

Nikki said...

Mrs. Darling, I have to agree. After all the work of painting and planting, it does seem a shame to cook the poor turkey. Do you think she took pictures? I would love to see some!

Mykidsmom, I finally asked John last night what kind of wood our new furniture is, and he did not know. Sorry.

Marva said...

I always knew you were talented, but boy you sure could teach me a thing or too! ;)


I hope your Fourth was beautiful! Many blessings!

WE are almost out of stawberry season here. Blueberries started a couple of weekd ago.
Enjoy!!!

Angela said...

Haha...I thought the same things as Nikki and Mrs. Darling when I read about the painted, planted and cooked turkey!! :)