Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Surprise Canning Session

I didn't post my Fall decorations today because of a sudden change in plans. My dear mother-in-law had asked a few days ago if she could pick up the kids and I for a visit to her house today. I have to admit, I wasn't very keen on the idea, as I still have so many things I need to take care of before the start of our home school. However, I called her last night and told her we would be able to come after all; I thought that was the least I could do considering she had taken the day off of work (that's called a guilty conscience;)

When we arrived at her house, I was delighted to find that she had everything ready for a canning session, including 3 boxes of Peaches she had picked that morning at a local fruit farm.

We had such a great time canning together, it made me quite happy I had made the right choice. And not just because she sent every single can of halved Peaches and jam home with us;)

Here is a picture of some of the "fruit" of our labors:)


I also wanted to say that we did not fix our computer problem after all; it wouldn't boot up this morning when I tried to post. Which means it may not tommorrow either. So if I seem a little fickle in my posting and commenting, I just wanted everyone to know I really am trying to get to all your blogs. Hubby will be changing out the motherboard on it this weekend, and hopefully it will fix the problem (fingers crossed;) EDIT: When I tried to post this late last night, my computer suddenly shut down right before I clicked on Publish! I was surprised to see that Blogger evidently saved it- score 1 for the Big B!! LoL

ALSO, please pray for those recovering from Hurricane Gustav, and in the possible path of the coming Hurricane Hanna. I can't imagine trying to prepare for such an event. Our prayers are with all of you.

6 comments:

Mrs. Darling said...

Wish I had a motherinlaw to can my peaches! sigh :)

Nikki said...

Aha! Your excuse for a lack of posting and commenting is computer trouble? Likely story!

Actually, I hope you get it fixed soon.

Unknown said...

Wow you were busy. I am doing exactly that...canning peaches. I only did 5 pints of fruit and 5 or so cans of jam. I think that may be all for us. We get ours from Ontario as very few peaches grow here.

Missy said...

Yummy! That was so sweet of your mother in law!!

Brandi said...

That was a neat surprise!

Marva said...

That is so awesome! Great job!

I have been, but there has been so much sickness and just craziness.

Please forgive me for not writing more often!

Blessings!