My good blogging friend Frasypoo has assigned me the letter "K" in an alphabet meme. As she put it: "I want to assign you the letter k as you are a great mom and k stands for kids." Thank you for the compliment Frasy, I couldn't ask for a nicer one:) So on to the letter K:
1) I'm crazy about my Kids. I wouldn't trade being myKidsmom for anything in this world. I bet you didn't know that..;)
2) If you had asked me what I wanted to be "when I grew up" in my younger years, right after a mother (of course) I would have said a Kindergarten teacher. It might have had something to do with Lady Diana Spencer and her seemingly fairytale romance. Possibly.
3) I was born in Kosciousko County. It's a Polish name which is only spelled correctly by those who have actually lived there.
4) I love Ketchup. Yes, I know it's full of sugar, but I use it on only a few things. But on those few things, I use it in great volume. As in "Would you like a few fries with your ketchup?"
5) I also love Kidney beans. Which fact surely balances out the ketchup nutrition-wise. I'll eat them thrown into just about anything. And two of my children will even eat them plain just like me.
6) My favorite department store? That would be Kohl's. If I'm lucky, I get there about 3-4 times a year. That's big-time shopping for me;).
7) I love my King James Bible with it's wonderful King's English.
8) I've loved the names Kara and Kaitlyn (spelled with a K no less) since I was a little girl. They are lovely Irish names. My daughter would have been named Kaitlyn except that it suddenly had a huge surge in popularity the year before she was born. I didn't want to one day call her name in the store, and have ten different little girls come running. If she had been a twin, I would have used it anyway.
9) I've never been called a know-it-all or knucklehead, but I've had a few people tell me that I'm a little Kooky, lol. Even I agree with that:)
10) Have I mentioned yet that I really love my Kids? I thought so, but I'm grasping for straws here..;)
And that ends today's edition of the Letter "K".
I'm not going to tag anyone, but I am expecting a few volunteers (hint,hint). If you'd like to give it a try, let me know in the comments and I'll assign you a letter. It was actually kind of fun:) See, I'm on a roll...
EDIT: Here's the link to Niki's letter "N" and Jeanette's letter "F".