Saturday, March 21, 2009

My poor little Princess

The virus that has been making the rounds around here finally caught up with us this week. High fevers, sore throats, ect. The Princess was hit the worse, and she's been quite miserable. A few days ago her right ear started to hurt, and it got progressively worse. Last night she was up the whole night in so much pain, in spite of the fact that we were rotating Tylenol and Motrin every other hour. It just didn't seem to help.

So we took her to the Doctor this morning (yes, thank goodness they're open on Saturday; I love our Pediatrician). It turns out that her eardrum had burst, which I suppose accounted for the orange liquid dripping out (sorry, I should have warned those of you who are a bit queasy). I feel SO bad for her. It's just awful when your little ones are sick.

5 comments:

Nikki said...

Oh, I am so sorry about the Princess! That's awful that her eardrums burst! Poor thing!

Mommy to three said...

I am so sorry to hear that. How painful! I hope she is feeling better very soon.

Angela said...

Oh my goodness! Will it heal all right? I don't know much about ear injuries, but that sounds painful! We'll be praying especially hard for her...and for you!

Kaye said...

Oh goodness! I hate that I haven't caught this post until this morning! How is she doing? Poor little darling!

Nikki said...

How is the Princess doing? You need to let us know!!

Also, I am considering selling some things on ebay and would like to reread your post on it. Do you remember when it was? s