Sunday, June 28, 2009

My little Garden

Our garden is just a few weeks old, but it's amazing how much it has grown in that short period of time. I couldn't get it all in one picture, so here it is from a few different angles.



Here's a list of what we're growing:
Tomatoes (Roma, Yellow Pear, Sweet 100)
Lettuce (Buttercrunch, Romaine, Red Leaf)
Zucchini
Peppers (Yellow and Orange)
Pumpkins (Baby sweet pie)
Cucumbers (Pickling, Slicing)
Acorn Squash
Broccoli
Bush Beans
Radishes
Garlic
The Professor and I are also growing an Herbal tea garden in large containers. It includes Chocolate Mint, Spearmint, Peppermint, Pineapple Sage, and Spicy Globe.

And last but not least, here is one of my Sweetleaf plants (also known as Stevia) which I plan to use to sweeten the previously mentioned tea.

I think that wraps up this edition of the garden tour. Thanks for stopping by! :)

7 comments:

Nikki said...

Little? My garden is little! I'm amazed at what all you are growing.

Marva said...

Wow! What an awesome garden! good for you. I had never thought about growing stevia.....great idea!

How are you feeling? I hope better!

Sorry I am not around much...missing you! Things will slow down again when the cool weather comes our way......it'll be a while! LOL!

Blessings and hugs!!!

Nikki said...

Your garden looks great!! I know you will soon be enjoying all those delicious veggies.

Mrs. Darling said...

Thanks for joining the garden tour. Do you know that Stevia planted in the ground grows into quite a large bush? It also doesnt bolt so it can be used as an ornamental shrub.

Debra said...

Your garden looks great!

Kaye said...

Wow...the garden looks GREAT!

Anonymous said...

You have a beautiful garden.....looks like you have experience gardening.