Friday, June 19, 2009

A prayer request

For the most part, I try to keep things as up-beat as I can here on my blog. It's not that I have a problem with other people posting when they're having a tough time or sick, ect. I say this because I have blogging friends who do blog about those things, and I personally do care about everything going on in their lives, even those details. They're my friends, and I want to be there for them. Not to mention the fact that I often bow my head after reading such a post, and ask God to help them get better, give them strength for a particular trial they're going through, ect.

So this time it's my turn I guess. I would appreciate your prayers this weekend. I've had a bad cough for the past month, one that I referenced in my last post. Honestly, I thought it was extreme allergies at first, and treated it as such. My hubby finally prevailed on me ( though it was more like an order now that I think of it) to go to the Doctor last week. Which led to a diagnosis of a bad case of bronchitis aggravated by all the pollen hanging around here this year. I've stayed home ( sometimes in bed) from church, shopping, practice, ect. for the past week. And I thought I was turning the corner and getting just a tad bit better... until I took my kids to little league practice yesterday. It was all downhill from there.

I was up all night with a burning chest, and a forceful cough (I won't go into any more details than that). And the bad feeling that this has either turned into walking pneumonia or the regular old kind. If it doesn't take a turn for the better this weekend, it's back to the Doctor Monday for some chest X-rays to see what kind of damage is going on in there.

I really, really, don't want to have to do that. Not only does it scare me a little, but financially it would be a burden right now. We do have insurance, but the co-pays are starting to stack up on this one between the multitude of prescriptions I've been trying and the Doctor visits.

Please understand I'm not complaining about this. Obviously, we're all sick from time to time. It is starting to wear on me just a bit, not to mention the fact that a few people are wondering why I'm missing church, ect. just because I'm a little sick. I shouldn't care about such things, and most the time I don't. But you know how it is...

Anyway, I would appreciate your prayers for me this weekend, that maybe with a little rest (I have a stack of books all ready) this will all take a turn for the better.

9 comments:

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

You have my prayers!! It does sound like a serious enough concern,and I'm glad you're following up with the doctor. Going to read the post again and pray through it carefully. ((hugs))

Nikki said...

I will definitely keep you in my prayers. And I expect an update next week. Don't leave us hanging!

Brandi said...

I'm praying for you, too!

MyKidsMom said...

Thank you so much; it's greatly appreciated!

Marva said...

Sending lovving well wishes your way and prayers to heaven! Feel better soon! Love and Blessings!!!!

American History said...

Your prayers are with us as well. You may want to try http://HolyLandPrayer.com. We submitted a prayer request for our mom who was very sick. The Church of the Holy Sepulcher is a very important place for all of us. The LORD is with us and you. God bless.

Mrs. Darling said...

I think the church of the Holy Sepluchre would be a good place to put your name in.

Get better soon.

Nikki said...

You will be in my prayers. Please keep us updated.

Missy said...

Will be praying for you. Hope you feel better soon!

Missy