Mrs.Darling at Dishpan Dribble has tagged everyone for a Christmas meme, so here it goes:
1) What is your favorite Christmas Carol? Mary did you know (not sure this is exactly a carol, but it is my favorite,unless I can count the Hallelujah chorus)
2) What is your favorite secular Christmas song? Chestnuts roasting on an open fire (when sung by Nat King Cole)
3) What is your favorite Christmas movie? White Christmas (one of the few chick-flicks that I do like).
4) What is your favorite Christmas memory? My parents had us put our stockings up in our room on Christmas eve. We would try to stay awake to see it filled, but never were able to. One christmas my step-mom left a pillow doll along with my filled stocking. It was just a doll outline (like you find at Joanns) stuffed with stuffing, but it was drawn old-fashioned and so pretty. Probably cost her just a few dollars, but even now I remember the thrill that went through me when I opened my eyes and saw it propped up by my stocking.
5) Do you shop early or are you a late shopper? I shop throughout the year for my own kids because I find so many brand-new-in-the package items at thrift stores and garage sales. The down side to this is having to keep myself from giving it to them early!
6) Is your tree real or artificial? artificial
7) Do you put tinsel on your tree? I have many years, but not this one.
8) Do you read the Christmas story every year on Christmas day? Always, right before we open the gifts.
9) Would you consider yourself to be the grinch? No
10) Are you more like Scrooge or Father Christmas? Father Christmas
11) Do you made homemade gifts for friends and family? Not so far, but I would like to make some for my kids in the future.
12) What was the worse present you ever received? Thankfully my hubby doesn't read my blog (unless I leave my screen on). When we were engaged, he wrapped up a magazine (and only a magazine) in a large box and gave it to me. Needless to say, I did not think that large Christmas box from my betrothed was a magazine. It was a LITTLE bit of a letdown.
13) What was your favorite Christmas present ever? Probably the Anne of Green Gables II tape set my hubby got me when we were first married. We were pretty tight on money and I really wanted the sequal. I AM wondering how long I have to be married before I get a new car as a Christmas present? But then I haven't gotten a toilet seat yet either.
14) On average how many gifts do you buy each of your children? 1 or 2 bigger items, and lots of odds and ends.
That was fun. I am wondering what the word "meme" actually means (I'm still trying to figure out some of the blogging lingo) but I hope I got the general idea.
Merry Christmas to all!