Saturday, December 08, 2007

A hard days night

Just to clear the air, I did not post yesterday (meaning Thursday) due to a doctor visit that resulted in a massive headache. I'm known for doing strange things during those headaches. So it was safer not to post, not sure what might have slipped out.
Now on to today...
It's over. You know how over time (maybe a couple years) you forget what labor was like and start to think it really wasn't that bad? Hold on there...No, I'm not announcing any new addition to the family. Just making a comparism. Every year I babysit for another church when they have their annual Christmas banquet. I've been doing this for 6 years and, truth be told, I feel some affection for some of those kidlets. But 40 kids between the ages of 4 and 10, for a 3 hour period! My brave hubby was along for the ride (yes, I made him go), as well as another gal from our church. My voice was hoarse by the end of the night, and I'm still up at 2am trying to wind down. As I said, I forgot what hard work it was. We were paid well, but boy am I glad it only happens once a year. The big kids made gingerbread houses out of graham crackers and tons of topping, I was quite impressed with the end product. But I spent most of my time with the little ones. Tommorrow Hubby and I are going to a "grown-up" party and the kids are going to Grandmas. I am looking forward to being able to fellowship with those above the age of 18. I'll report back with all the interesting details (I hope!) tommorrow. Good night to all~

2 comments:

Casdok said...

A grown up party!!
Have fun!

Mrs. Darling said...

Woo--ee your first comment from someone you dont know!