Friday, January 04, 2008

Temptation

Okay, it's the first official day of my lowfat diet and what does hubby bring home? Would you believe pumpkin walnut bread and those really yummy twist pastry things from Starbucks, and a Dove dark chocolate bar (Okay, so I asked for the last one). I mean, I'm only human here!

He didn't buy them, they were given to him. But still....I'm very proud of myself, I threw the pastry in the trash- I knew I would never be desperate enough to dig it out of there.

So I leave you with this word of wisdom: It's easier to avoid buying a food, than resisting it once it's in your refrigerator. So true.

2 comments:

Mrs. Darling said...

YOu are brave to start a new diet on a Friday. Around here the weekned brings big breakfasts, lots of coffee, unlimited snacking, novie popcorn, baking day, pot roasts.... I never start a diet on a weekend. I need five days of good eating behind me to get up the will power to not give in like that over the weekend. Woe is me!

MyKidsMom said...

I actually started my diet the 1st day of the year (Tuesday) so it is already easier to resist temptation. My "time" is here right now and I already notice a difference- how I eat/drink the week before really affects me. I started really keeping track of things yesterday (and posted about it) but I agree, unless you're totally away from home, weekend is not the time to start!