Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Rain, Rain, go away!

Yesterday they were saying rain for the rest of the week...now they say, after tomorrow, things will clear up...reaching the 70's by Saturday. I don't care why they're wrong, I'm just glad they are!!!
Meanwhile, we have the sore throats and fevers here; nothing severe, just enough to make everyone feel a little crummy and achey. And I'm willing to blame this chill-to-the-bones Northwest rain...it doesn't matter if that makes any sense or not.

So it was a low-key day of school; however, my oldest son was still up for his cooking lesson. We both agreed doing a meal today was not within our endurance, so we settled on making a quick bread...specifically Gumdrop Nut Loaf. Okay, to an adult that might not sound so good, but to a 10-year-old boy it sounds quite delicious! So here are a couple of pictures.


If I had a nickel for everytime he said "This is so cool!" while he was putting this together... I really have no problem with his enjoying cooking/baking so much; I figure his wife is going to really appreciate me one day.



You have to admit, that's a pretty little loaf; he's looking pretty proud of himself, huh?

Tomorrow I'll be posting some Thrift Store Thursday home decorating finds- Have a good Wednesday~

2 comments:

Marva said...

What a cutie! The bread looks yummy too. Glad he had a good time. sorry you guys have the yuckies again! Holding you in prayer! Blessings!!!!!

Mrs. Darling said...

Good job , Professor.