Wednesday, May 14, 2008

A Heat Wave Approaches

It's hard to believe, but they are actually predicting weather in the high 8o's for the next 3 days!!! Going from the 60's to the 80's is quite a jump; hubby is pulling all our fans out of winter storage, LoL.

It is finally feeling like Spring...though the 95 degrees predicted for Saturday may feel more like Summer. I just want to go outside with my kids and soak it all up.

Which reminds me...I need to go to the store and get some sunscreen:)

Forgive me if it seems like I am gloating. We have had a strange Spring around here with rain (not so strange) , multiple hail storms, strong winds, and even snow and sleet. It seemed as if the seasons were all mixed-up.

Now the kids are jumping on the trampoline, hunting for ladybugs and beetles (for our bug box), and racing here and there.

And when the neighbor kids come to play, I can send them all outside;)

With such beautiful weather expected, I would love to head over to Multnomah Falls for a family hike. Or to the Coast for a relaxing day in the sand. Oregon has so many beautiful spots for day trips.

But we'll probably spend the weekend cutting and sprucing up the outside, as well as getting our garden area tilled. And my flower pots planted. And the pool cleaned out. And if we end up with time on our hands, maybe even cleaning out the shed...

But it really doesn't matter what we do...SPRING IS FINALLY HERE!

Did I mention we go back to our 60 degrees, rainy weather next week?

I'm choosing NOT to think about that:)

8 comments:

Mrs. Darling said...

The news said that this weather will be as hard on hte plants as if we had a freeze! We can just be glad our gardens arent in yet or we'd have lost everything thsi weekend!

MyKidsMom said...

I heard that too; but then they say the fruit trees really need this sunshine because of the crazy Spring we've had so far. Oregon weather isn't doing anything halfway this year;)
Call me about the park...

Anonymous said...

I am glad to hear you are enjoying the sun as well. We are having warm weather as well and finally I am able to get some work down in the gardens. My dad was on the backhoe all morning digging me beds for some new raised planters. I love being outside and so do the kids.

Nikki said...

I couldn't say this on my blog because John reads it, and I don't want to upset him. His mother does not keep a clean house. One time when we went to visit, the spare bathroom (the one we used) had a nasty ring in the toilet and dead flies in the shower. It was disgusting! But what do you do? You can't say, "Could I borrow some 409 because the bathroom is filthy"?

MyKidsMom said...

Hahaha...I knew if I asked, you'd pop over and answer here;)

More blackmail material...LoL.

I agree with you, what's a daughter-in-law to do? Although I might just hide something in my purse next time if I were you; it's hard to get clean where it's not clean:)

Sandy said...

Yes, 90 something here today!
Yay!

Nikki said...

Every time we visit now, I take those Clorox wipes, just in case!

Kaye said...

Guess what...I live in Savannah GA and we have four seasons here: almost summer, summer, still summer, and Christmas. Seriously.

I just wanted to thank you for being faithful enough to always stop by my blog and comment. I know people read, but it's really nice to see comments! I've got to get better about it myself. I'll count you as my inspiration!