Thursday, October 09, 2008

More Books from our Shelf

Regardless of how hard I work to organize them, we always seem to have extra books here and there throughout the house. I suspect it's because I am continually adding to them. Can you really ever have too many books in a home? I don't think so.

I would definitely say my favorite place to buy books is at my local thrift stores. I have found some real treasures there. And in spite of my quiet grumbles concerning the fact that many of them have raised their prices in this area, I still get them for a small percentage of their original cost. Can't complain about that (well, maybe a little;)

Being that we are electing our next President in just a few short weeks, I thought it would be appropriate to share the following book. It's written by Lynne Cheney (our current VP's wife) and is a wonderful patriotic book for children.

This book is beautifully illustrated, and provides a wealth of information concerning our great country. It's a great, big history lesson in and of itself. The section I highlighted below contains the letter F, which stands for our countries Flag. It shows how to properly fold a flag, as well as different ways the flag is flown (half-mast, ect.). And, of course, trivia concerning the flag.

I paid .99 cents for this book at the thrift store, but you can buy it here on Amazon.com or possibly Ebay. List price is $16.95

3 comments:

Nikki said...

That looks like a great book to add to our (my!) collection. I am always on the lookout for good books for our children.

Kaye said...

Books are absolutely the best! I agree that you just can't have too many (although we do have to donate them from time to time to keep from being overrun...so I guess you can have too many. =)

Looks like a great find!

Missy said...

I love books too, much to my husbands dismay. That looks like a wonderful book. The best ones teach and entertain.