Thursday, October 23, 2008

Oh where Oh where Has my Ballot gone?

Here in the great state of Oregon, we vote by mail. I should say, those who actually receive a ballot through the mail vote that way. I myself (and hubby as well) have not received our ballot, although we have received our voter's information pamphlet (go figure).

Could there be a conspiracy at work here? Hahaha

It's not as if the fate of the Country is hanging on our two votes;) But I expect to be saying I told you so to quite a few people in the near future, and I lose all rights to using that phrase if I don't vote.

Could it be that they have learned that I have downright archaic beliefs? I'm thinking that I would have fit in just fine with our founding fathers. I've always said I was born in the wrong century;) I'm also thinking they have turned over in their graves many a time at some of the interpretations rendered of their original writings. I'm still trying to figure out some of them myself.

All kidding aside (and hopefully you could tell I was kidding, except for the founding fathers bit), I am a firm believer in voting. If for no other reason, out of respect for those who have given their lives to earn my (and your) Freedom. If they could do such a noble thing, I'm thinking taking a few moments out of my time is not too much to ask. Wouldn't you agree? I'm sure those in other countries who have no voice in their government would. It's something to think about.

If I had a ballot that is;)

EDIT: Never fear, I'll be making a call to my local friendly political party today, which will no doubt set the wheels in motion for receiving my long lost ballot. I suspicion it may have something to do with my somewhat erratic mailman. You don't suppose he could be for the other party, do you? :)

5 comments:

Kaye said...

I smell conspiracy!

And obviously your wide-footed brotherhood beat you to all of the boots. =) (yes this relates to the comment on my blog and makes no sense in the context of this post of yours!)

Nikki said...

You vote by mail???!! It seems there is all kinds of opportunity for all kinds of voter fraud. I can see how someone could have stolen your ballot, cast it for whomever, and mailed it back, saying it was from you. Is it that easy? Oh, my!

I think that our founding fathers have rolled over in their graves so much by now that they are dizzy. However, we do still live in the best country in the world, don't we?

By the way, how did you celebrate your birthday?

Nikki said...

Hi! back to you (although we say "hey" down here).

Were you trying to encourage me to post something new? I did!

Kaye said...

Whew...we voted last night. All done. My right as a citizen has been exercised. I now have the right to complain if things don't go my way. =)

MyKidsMom said...

You got it right Kaye:)

Who knows, maybe things will turn out different than expected. Guess we'll have to wait and see.