Wednesday, October 01, 2008

The Puppies have Arrived!!!

Our house was in a flurry of excitement around 6am this morning when we heard the first little whines that announced the arrival of Ginger's (our golden retrievers) puppies. All of us raced out into the chilly morning (in our PJ's no less) to get a look at the little wriggling bundles... all 8 of them!

I have to say it was a great relief to me that it went so well for her. I have been on pins and needles worrying about her delivery. In spite of the many dogs I had while growing up, this is my first litter of pups. We had carefully avoided letting her off her leash during that period of time when she could become with pup;) What we didn't count on was my neighbor (very purposely I think) letting his dog off his chain; needless to say, I was quite irked about that.

Nevertheless, everything did go smoothly, and the mother and pups are now resting. My husband is afraid I'm going to get attached to all 8 of them... he just may be right about that, lol.

Here's a picture:

I'm thinking my workload just got a little heavier...:)


10 comments:

Angela said...

Awww so sweet! That makes me want a puppy!

Gwendolyn said...

Oh...I love puppies! When our golden retriever, Millie (she has since been stolen. Sigh.) had her first litter of pups, she had 13! That was truly alarming. LOL

Nikki said...

What cutie pies!!

Anonymous said...

They have got to be the cutest puppies ever. I love my Great Dane but nothing beats retreiver pups.

Missy said...

Sooo cute :) I would probably become attached also.

Missy

Marva said...

So sweet! Congrats on your new additions!

I tagged you! Check it out!

Blessings!!!!

Nikki said...

We had a Golden Retriever when I was in high school, and she was the CUTEST puppy. Like a little teddy bear. Yours are very cute, too. I hope that you can find good homes for them; I know that can be hard.

Was this the special project you had going on this week?

MyKidsMom said...

EVERYBODY: I agree, they ARE so adorable!

Gwendolyn: Thanks for stopping by:)

Nikki: No, Ginger having the pups was totally a surprise; I thought she still had a week left. I am using a new web-based curriculum for my boys this year, and it is quite a job getting it off the ground. But I think it's going to be great once we get into the routine. Also, we have extra classes (including 2 instrument lessons and band for my oldest son) every day of the week, so it's much more busy than last year. It's like I'm at the computer for hours every day, but it's all work (and no play;).

Mrs. Darling said...

I finally made it over here. Tink is still working on Dad but she doesnt seem to be getting anywhere in spite of showing him the pic here. Poor kid.

Kaye said...

So very sweet and adorable! Congrats, Grandma! =)