Friday, October 03, 2008

Recipe Fun Friday- Iced Pumpkin Cookies

So maybe I am a little overly fond of Pumpkin recipes (this is my third one in a row), but I just had to share the best of the bunch.

This past Monday was our turn to have Co-op classes at our house. So I made these yummy autumn-themed cookies to share with our guests. While Mrs.Darling's Tink wouldn't touch them (which I didn't take at all personal, lol) my own children declared them the best cookies ever, and I'm pretty sure they weren't humoring me (although they do try that at times). I also noticed that the other little girl my daughter's age was wolfing them down. But don't take my word for it, try them yourself. If you like pumpkin that is. And the frosting really is a nice addition, it made these lightly sweet cookies just a little better.

I didn't change a single thing... except for using brown sugar and white sugar evenly. And making the cookies bigger than called for; I seem to have an aversion towards making small cookies. I've learned to live with it;)

Here's the link: Iced Pumpkin Cookies


To join us in Recipe Fun Friday, just stop by Nikki's (Notes) and link up.

Have a wonderful Weekend~

6 comments:

Nikki said...

Yummy! Yummy! Cookie! And with pumpkin in them so they are even good for you! Does it get any better than that?!

Anonymous said...

Oh you know how much I love pumpkin. I will try these, with my powdered egg lol.

Kaye said...

As soon as I saw the title, I was going to make some comment about your obvious love of all things pumpkin, but you beat me to it! =)

They really do appear yummy!

And...I had to laugh at the comment about you living to learn with the hesitancy regarding making small cookies. Amen, sister. =)

MyKidsMom said...

Nikki: They really ARE good for you- and lightly sweet, so it's not like you get a sugar rush every time you eat one:)

Niki: I actually DID think of you when I made that comment about loving pumpkin, I know you love it as well!

Kaye: We know if we made them smaller, we'd only eat more of them;)

Nikki said...

As I think more about it, I think I will make some next week. I made some of your pumpkin muffins this week, and they are so good. I may throw some chocolate chips in next time just to make them a little unhealthy. All that pumpkin needs to be counteracted by something!

Nikki said...

One question about the icing: I plan on making some cookies this week and freezing some of them. Will the icing be hard enough to stack them without it rubbing off, or should I wait until I thaw them to ice them?