Monday, January 05, 2009

Back to the old routine

I admit that my feelings were very mixed about our Christmas vacation coming to an end. It was so nice to be able to get to some of those extra projects I've been wanting to do for so long. But with all the celebrations/activities of the holidays, I didn't get to nearly as many as I thought I would.

Speaking of which, my painting project is not yet completed. So far I've changed colors three times, and decided to go with 2 new colors instead of one. And if you're shaking your head over that confusing explanation, you've just joined the club.. hubby's shaking his head as well,lol. Honestly, the man has the patience of a saint. Or maybe he's just used to me by now.

Anyway, this morning we did go back to school. We're running ahead of schedule for the day (Yay!) and I have to say that it feels really good to be back to our routine. It's running so smoothly, it almost seems easy;) I'm going to start the Princess on a new Program today that I'm hoping will be a big help to unlocking words for her. We've tried so many things, it can't hurt to add another one. She wants so badly to be able to read, she's insisting on checking out books from the library that have no pictures. She'll sit in a chair for half an hour looking at a blank page pretending she's reading it. She is catching on to a few simple words like cat and at. So we're going to continue working on the sight reading. She really is making some progress, just not as much as she would like. I'm glad she's a little girl with a lot of determination.

My tooth has loosened (yes, we're back to the tooth saga) so I'll be going in to have it taken care of this week. If I had the guts, I might try pulling it out (it's that loose), but I'm afraid I might get a dry socket, so I think I'll leave it to the professionals. Plus, I suspicion it might be at the root (no pun intended;) of some of the extra headaches I've been having lately, so I need to make sure any infection is taken care of. It's amazing how much trouble one little tooth can cause.

If you were expecting my blog to be transformed by now, I'm still working on it:)

Our personal phone lines were somehow damaged by the high winds last week, so when anyone tries to call our house it gives a busy signal. People are thinking I'm a real chatty Cathy by now no doubt. Hopefully it will get fixed in the next few days.

Later today I'm going to summon all my courage and step on my bathroom scale; I plan to post about that and my (once again) journey into the world of exercise and weight loss tomorrow. This time I'm adding a new twist, and I'm really excited about it.

I think that's all for now. Not the most exciting post, but then getting back into routine isn't always exciting, just satisfying.

Have a great Monday!

14 comments:

Nikki said...

I like these kinds of posts; they help me to get to know you (and other writers) better.

It's nice for me to get back into our routine, too. With John being home for most of the last two weeks and company this past weekend, it's been unusual. But I've been so busy catching up today that I haven't had time to post anything. Maybe tomorrow!

Mrs. Darling said...

Well I tell you what! When my knee gets better Im going to use wii fit. Right now I cant use my knee or my elbow so that sorta makes all sorts of exercise go out the window. Now I know you dont play the wii with your knee (ha that rhymes) but I have to stand on that leg and it kills me.

Hey come over Wednesday. Email me and tell me if you can make it.

What sort of a program are you trying with the Princess? Tell us about it.

MyKidsMom said...

Mrs.D, I'll clear my schedule just for you:)

Nikki: Don't you mean tomorrow, if not sooner?:) I want to hear about your weekend!

Frasypoo said...

My dear
I can almost guarantee that your headaches are because of the tooth!
I am on serious training mode for a half marathon but its a vicious circle,I run a lot and get hungry and so I eat and hence lose no weight and am usually the fattest runner around !

Little Natural Cottage said...

Looking forward to all that's coming down the pike for 2009!! I have some plans for losing the rest of my Baby Fat this year... hopefully soon!! :oP I plan to blog about blogging (he he) and how to easily change the look of your blog... so stay tuned!! Talk to you again soon!! ~Kristy

Kaye said...

I know that vacations are great, but there is something awesomely comforting about routine, isn't there?

I too like these posts that are just "normal" life. It's nice to know what normal is for other people.

Take care of your tooth and good luck with the Princess!

Marva said...

HIIIIIIIII! Yes, i meant shin and not chin! Thanks for pointing that out. ;) It was before 5 am and I was still in bed (at least my head was)!

Hope you get that tooth taken care of soon! Have a great week!

Blessings!

MyKidsMom said...

Marva: I just got a kick out of the thought of having a rash on both chins (as in a double-chin,lol). So maybe I have a strange sense of humor;)

Nikki said...

I thought the same thing about Marva's chins, er, shins. I really didn't think she would advertise her double chins. If you have a strange sense of humor, so do I.

I just read your comment here about my weekend. Was there enough detail, or would you like more?

I need some input about Friday. Will you have a recipe? I cannot decide if I want to continue or not because the response is not so good. Honestly, I'm getting tired of it. But if you promise to have a recipe, and if you want me to do it, I will have RFF for you.

In summary, my blog is all about you and what you would like. How is that?

Nikki said...

Ahhh...losing the weight. It's nice to know I'm not the only one. Maybe we ought to all hold one another accountable with the weight loss thing.

I'm glad to be back on schedule as well. We took 6 weeks off and I'm ready to hit the ground running now.

MyKidsMom said...

Nikki#1: I feel so special,lol. Maybe it should be on a different day? But so many days are taken up with the various "wordless Wednesday" ect. that it would be hard to come up with a day that everyone could go with. Guess we need to put more thought into this one. But I can have one ready this week. And I'm heading over to your blog to check those details:)

Nikki#2: I like that accountability idea; it would definitely spur me on. And yes, it really is nice to be back in the saddle again:)

Mrs. Darling said...

Well now aint that a profile pic! I dont recall ever seeing you look quite like that but a good pic nonetheless. I mean, just look how "sexay" you be alookin'. Ahem!

MyKidsMom said...

Mrs.Darling, I can't believe you used that word on my blog! lol

I was getting ready for church one night, and decided to take a new pic for my blog. So I just snapped it, which is why it's kind of one-sided. But I didn't realize that I didn't have my sweater on, though my shell is actually quite modest, you just rarely see me sleeveless.

And YES, I know you're just pulling my leg. But I'm blushing just the same!

Nikki said...

Amy @ humblemusings is doing a diet diary. She's inviting everyone to check in on Fridays with updates. I figured this would be really interesting to see how everyone else was doing.