Monday, January 19, 2009

My creative talent revealed

This post title is meant to be humorous. There are a few things I am mildly good at, but being creative in a crafty way isn't one of them. I think it's just my sheer determination to get things done when an idea occurs to me, that then pushes me through to coming up with something. If that makes any sense, lol.

So please do not be brutally honest. My fragile (creative) ego can't handle it;)

A little while ago I mentioned my need for some decor for my school room/family room that I just repainted (er.. hubby did the painting; I did the directing:). And because I didn't want to pay the prices that accompanied the items that I thought would be perfect hanging there, I came up with my brilliant idea to make something myself...

Yes, I'm stalling for time.

Here's my pile of supplies picked up mostly from Michael's craft store.
Here's the photos of the World's cutest kids in my handmade photo frames. Hey, it's trickier than it looks;)
Here are the photos on my PUMPKIN colored wall. Yes, pumpkin. I'm aware that it is neither Thanksgiving nor Fall, but you know how I love pumpkin, in any shape or form. My gold painted frames are clustered around my black letters spelling out the word F-a-m-i-l-y. Brilliant, huh? :)

I am fairly happy with the outcome. I at least don't feel like the money was wasted, my greatest fear of all. And just between you and me.... it was kind of fun.

EDIT: For the politically minded, I've up-dated my other blog in honor of inaugaration day.

9 comments:

Mrs. Frogster said...

I love it! SOmetimes simple is the best, and I know what you mean that it's harder than it looks!

BTW, love love love the wall color! My dining room and living room both have walls that are a similar shade to that.

Hmmmm - we should have y'll over sometime. :)

Brandi said...

I think you are being modest. That wall looks great!

Angela said...

I love using bold colors like that, and I think it looks great! Well done! Now, since this project turned out so well, you won't need to be worried about doing more stuff like this!

Mrs. Darling said...

Well what a little crafter you are! It turned out lovely.

See ya at choir?

Nikki said...

I like it! And I am impressed! I would be waaaay too scared to even try to do something like that.

Laura said...

I'm very impressed too! It looks great!

MyKidsMom said...

You all are too kind. My fragile creative ego remains intact,lol.

Veggiemomof2 said...

I have to admit, I thought they were gold metal frames. You SO rock!

Keri said...

Oooh, I love this idea! Nicely laid out. Very creative!