Tuesday, March 25, 2008

10 things I'm Thankful for when Dieting:

  1. That Angel food cake is fat-free.

  2. That aerobic exercise actually cuts down my appetite; so why is that not enough incentive to do it faithfully?

  3. That Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches are so incredibly delicious!

  4. That fruit is low-calorie and somewhat filling...quess I lucked out on that one Mrs.D:)

  5. That eating right actually makes me feel better.

  6. That tea is practically calorie free.

  7. Baked potatoes chips- for when you just have to have some.

  8. That having an occasional "cheat" meal usually stimulates your metabolism.

  9. That really good feeling when you realize you need to go down a size in clothing!

  10. That I have a friend also counting calories...which helps me to stay on track.

Probably just about everyone who comes to my site is already familiar with Mrs.Darling at Dishpan Dribble. She happens to be a real-life friend of mine, as well as my mentor in many areas. She recently started another blog called Dieting is not a piece of cake about her quest to lose 100 lbs! She is one of the most determined women I know; I have no doubt she'll lose that weight. But in the meantime, we get twice the serving of Mrs.Darling- what a treat!

So regardless of how much you want to lose (my goal is 20 lbs), doing it in league with other women really does help. We're all busy, and have a lot to juggle. But doing it (losing weight) later will only be harder (I speak from experience) ; so if you're interested, check this blog out and sign up!


4 comments:

Nikki said...

I think I will join you and Mrs. Darling. I've only got about 10 pounds to lose (thank goodness for not going crazy while pregnant and gaining a ton of weight!), but I could use some help staying motivated. I will check out her website.

MyKidsMom said...

Good for you Nikki- alot of new Moms feel they are too busy to work on the weight loss issue (with good reason), but I know from experience that putting it off makes it harder. Plus, it's such a boost to our self-esteem to be able to fit into those pre-pregnancy clothes again!

Glad to have you on board!

Mrs. Darling said...

Thanks for the shout out. Where's my angel food cake?

Mrs. Darling said...

Hey mkm (teehee, mykidsmom, get it?)Hey MKM go check out the link I put in todays entry on my diet blog. I edited it to incude a link to a great post that I think you'll like.