Friday, May 09, 2008

Homeschool Happenings- We're growing

We planted our herb garden this week. Here's a few pictures:




Of course, there's not much to see yet (other than my beautiful children;). My daughter already wants to give them tons of water, I'll have to keep a close eye on that, LoL.

Here's some rocks that we painted to go with our growing theme. We'll stick them in the herb pots as decorations. The turtle is made by hot-gluing a smooth oval rock to a puzzle piece; I thought that was clever (not my original idea).



And here are a few links for learning sites: Help Inspector Leplant solve the mystery in the Great Plant Escape; Learn the basics at My First Garden, and for great printables and crafts try Enchanted Learning. This last link (Enchanted learning) is the only site that I have actually paid to be a part of; the fee is $20. (for a year) but they have such a variety of printables it's well worth it. There are also some free printables there.

Early this morning I am off to attend a 2-day Ladies Conference at our church. It just so happens my favorite teacher from College is one of the main Speakers for it, so I'm quite thrilled about that. Hubby will be holding down the Fort while I'm gone.

I want to wish everyone a HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY, which reminds me...

CONGRATULATIONS to Kristy of Homemakers Cottage (and family) on the birth of a beautiful baby boy! I'm sure little Keith makes this Mother's Day even more special for you~

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was thinking of starting a small garden indoors for my son but maybe an herb garden would be a better start. I meant to ask you so many times are you a Green Gables fan? I ask because we an hour away from the authors home on Prince Edward Island. It is stunning and people come from all over the world to see it. HAve you ever been?

MyKidsMom said...

OH my goodness NIKI, I am a HUGE fan of ANNE!!! I actually have to remind myself that she is NOT a real person, LOL. In my meme post (Tuesday I think) I posted the Anne series as My favorite book after the Bible! YOU are probably getting the idea that I really like her, Huh? Yes, Anne is dearly loved by many here in the states.

I have NOT been there, but I DEFINITELY plan to one day. I think anyone who has seen the Anne movies fell in love with that beautiful scenery.

Nikki said...

When your kids are done planting, will you send them on over to help me? I would love to have a small vegetable garden, but it's so much work getting it started.

I will try not to get on to you so much, for a while, at least!

MyKidsMom said...

You're right about the work part Nikki. I'm not sure with a still new baby that I would want to take one on, unless I had additional help. But there is absolutely nothing that tastes as good as fresh veggies from the garden! Well, maybe homemade chocolate chip cookies taste as good...but you know what I mean;)

As far as the other thing, you're just helping to keep me on my toes:)

Little Natural Cottage said...

Thank you!! We're enjoying our new little man SO much... and you're right, I couldn't have received a better Mother's Day gift this year!!

By the way, I LOVE your little girl's curls... what a cutie!!

Happy Mother's Day to you, too!

~Kristy @ Homemaker's Cottage